Friday, October 3, 2008

"Life and love with the world's worst dog"


When Nick adopted Bull, one of the worst pets we've owned (more on this below), I said OK because 1. Nick had pestered and irritated me until I finally said yes 2. I had recently given birth to Lily and I'm pretty sure the pain pills from the c-section influenced my mood and 3. Nick said he wanted to get the dog for Lily.... It turns out Lily LOVES him! And he loves her...loves to lick her head, hands, face, legs, anything he can get! Sometimes he has no regard for personal space and Lily gets overwhelmed ;)

Have you read Marley & Me? It's a wonderful book about a family and their terrible dog. It's hilarious and sweet and sad and just a great book. When Bull has busted the pickets in the fence for the 80th time and peed on my rug again and I feel like all I've done is yell at him, I try to remember how much Lily loves him and how much fun they will have later...and I know he's not as bad as Marley!

No comments: